Where the Wild Things Are)
My youngest sister was married earlier this summer, and she was an absolutely beautiful bride! Adam and I had dinner with her and our new brother-in-law at their apartment earlier this week. I made a strawberry cream pie, and I wish I'd thought to take a picture because it turned out so beautifully! It's easy-peasy to make, and my mom calls it "Bunny-Milk Pie" because she thinks it tastes like Strawberry Nesquik. I got the recipe from my grandmother, but I think it actually is a variation on an old Cool Whip/Jello recipe.
1. Make 3 oz. package of strawberry Jello according to speed-set directions.
2. Before putting in fridge to set, whisk in 1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip until smooth.
3. Gently fold in 1 cup of fresh cut strawberries, put in fridge for 20-30 minutes to set.
4. Pour into graham cracker crust, leave in fridge to set over night. (If you skip the step before this, your pie crust will get soggy and gross.)
5. Top with fresh whipped cream and strawberries, and you're done!
*Note: You could also make this with light/free Cool Whip and sugar-free Jello if you are so inclined, and it tastes about the same!